Do you desperately need a new dishwasher right now? Can you hold out a bit longer until it’s a more optimal time to buy?
When appliances near the end of their days, it’s a scramble to look for new ones at reasonable prices. But if you plan well and are proactive in your search for what you need, you may be able to get just what you need at a fraction of the cost. With just a little know-how about the best times of year to update those appliances, you can save bundles!
1. September and October– Manufacturers unveil their latest models during this time. Most appliances from the previous year will be discounted in order to bring in new items. Labor Day weekend, the closest holiday at the end of summer, is a great time to nab some sales as retailers are getting rid of their older appliances before the new season starts.
2. Black Friday– Black Friday is, without a doubt, one of the biggest promotional events of the year. There are huge sales at almost every store in the country. Needless to say, Black Friday is a perfect time to update appliances without spending a fortune.
3. January– At the start of the new year, older models of appliances will be discounted. However, selection may be limited despite good deals, so if you’re looking for something specific, you may have to broaden your search to score a deal.
4. Late April & May– Memorial Day is usually around this time. Some of the biggest sales occur during this weekend as it is the second largest time for bargains following Black Friday. This sale weekend kicks of the summer shopping season, with retailers looking to clear out their spring merchandise.
5. Last Days of the Month– Stores need to meet quotas around the end of the month, making it a great time to strike up a bargain!
A little smart shopping is all you need to get the best deals. Happy Saving!